Friday, May 29, 2020

Message to My Readers 052920



This is very demanding time for our nation.  We have economically headed into a depression.  Unemployment numbers are as bad as those during the great depression of the 1930s.  Meanwhile, we are fighting a Coronavirus COVID-19 pandemic, with our nation leading all nations in the number of cases and deaths.  Many veterans have been lost and many of those caring for the stricken have been lost.  And, most embarrassing and regretful of all, racism keeps rearing its ugly head.  Having begun serving my nation over 60 years ago and for a period that approached a quarter century, I could never have imagined living in such a backward leaning nation.  I have actually begun to wonder if my service accomplished anything of real value.

There is a lot of material in this update (over 100 pages).  It is the first update in 27 days.  Hope you find it to be informative and interesting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment